Past to present



I've had these photos and letters in my workshop for weeks. Today I've been using them to develop a new piece of work. I've been looking at frames, considering the decoration, size and how they display the image. Mainly older frames and portraits because the images inside seem more important and treasured. I suppose they have lasted and been kept for a reason, even if they are a little worse for ware.

The letters document my Grandfather asking for permission to marry my Grandma and a congratulating telegraph. Very old fashioned, very polite, very English. The photo isn't of them but the bridesmaid is my Mum, it's quite strange that they all relate to marriage as I have actually only just noticed this! It was supposed to be more about keepsakes, self-expression and documenting family history.

Here are a few other things I've been looking at today that aren't related to weddings!